Crochet Kate: Super Hero Origin Story

Every super hero has an origin story, right?  Well, I'm pretty far from a super hero, but I do have an origin story.  I'm Crochet Kate, and I have a chronic illness called P.O.T.S. (you can learn more about POTS here: http://mystory.mommycantdance.com/p/what-is-pots.html or my POTS origin story here http://mystory.mommycantdance.com/p/childrens-book-mommy-cant-dance.html).

I've been home bound and often bed bound for the past three years... It can make anyone go a little stir crazy!  I've had to find a lot of things I can do from bed.  Crochet has been one of the life-saving hobbies I've picked up.  I've made countless hats, blankets, baby booties and baby photo props over the last few years-- and given most of them away without ever taking a picture! (Ack!)  I'm trying to get better about that.  I plan to start photo documenting my creations here.

Additionally, I've found that crocheting doesn't take too much brain power for me, but following a pattern often does-- and my brain fog can be pretty strong some days... SO, what do I do?  I wing it!  Sometimes I flop, but I'm often pleasantly surprised by the end result (as long as no one looks too closely, right?!)  This also means that no two items I make are ever quite the same.  I do, sometimes, wish I had written down what I had done so I could replicate it again sometime.

Well, I just finished an adorable patchwork star blanket and finally decided to write it all down for the future-- and why not share while I'm at it! (coming soon!).

Here's a few of my creations to begin with.  I'll start posting some patterns soon.  Stay tuned!







Comments

  1. I love all the pieces I see here! They are awesome. I'm a newby myself at crochet. I just finished writing out your hexagon colorful star blanket pattern. Its awesome! Boy here's hoping I can crochet this awesome pattern now. I love love love your star shaped blanky as well. Most often times people word or write their patterns so I can't understand them n get upset. Your pattern was very easy to follow. Also, I'm very sorry to read about your POTS. that is no fun! Omg! N also on a sm note.... Um, I think I might have it! All of those symptoms just sound like everything that's going on with me. My feet are literally turning dark purple every time I sit for more than a few mins. Its freaking me out... Ah well, I'll be OK. Thanks sooo much for sharing your cool stuff, n also the info on pots, now I have sum thin to maybe tell the dr. (If I ever get me a new dr) I wish u the best, and God bless. Sincerely, Rashauna Kovacich-Zarr🦂⭐⭐⭐🌟

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I think we are sisters by another mother. I too am housebound due to illness and often suffer brain fog. Crochet has saved my life by giving me something creative to do. I also wing it, create things and then try and write them down so I can share or simply make it again. I don't think I've ever made a pattern as written. I often end up with something different than written. I'm so glad to find a "kindred spirit." Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Colorful Hexagon Pieced Star Blanket